Start Here: Frequently Asked Questions
Preceptor Excellence Awards
These awards are presented annually to outstanding preceptors nominated by senior practicum students at the end of their baccalaureate program. Students complete the nomination. The annual deadline for application is May 1st.
Special Named Awards
- Dennis Norbury Award (obstetrics and palliative care nursing) – Annual deadline for applications is May 1st.
- Kay DeJong Award (for eligible members who live in the Norman Region or north of the 53rd parallel) – Annual deadline for applications is May 1st.
- Manitoba Gerontological Nursing Association (gerontological nursing) – Annual deadline for applications is May 1st.
* University of Manitoba graduate students may apply for named awards only. For other FRNM graduate award opporutnities, contact the Faculty of Graduate Studies awards office.
If you are not yet a registered nurse, apply directly to your school of nursing for FRNM bursaries. Contact the award office at your school for more information.
- Brandon University (204) 727-9737
- École technique et professionnelle – Université de Saint-Boniface (204) 235-4409/Toll free: 1-888-233-5112, extension 409
- Red River College Nursing (204) 632-3979
- The University of Manitoba Awards Office
- University College of the North (204) 627-8581
Post RN Baccalaureate and Certificate Studies
- Post RN Baccalaureate – Annual deadline for application is May 1st
- Certificate Studies – Annual deadline for application is May 1st
- Specialty Certification Exams – Annual deadline for application is May 1st
- Masters and Doctoral – Annual deadline for applications is May 1st
Policies and Forms
PDF files listed on this website require Adobe Acrobat Reader. To download the free Reader, click on the icon to reach the Adobe Acrobat website.