This information pertains to students in a graduate level program leading to a degree. If you are completing a post-degree (Post BN or BSN) certificate program, then you apply as a post diploma or degree certificate applicant. See here if you are not a graduate student.
University of Manitoba graduate students apply directly to FRNM for Named Awards Only. Graduate awards for U of M students are administered through the U of M graduate studies awards office. For more information, do a search in the graduate awards database using the key words ‘registered nurse’ and the FRNM awards and scholarships will be listed there. The deadline for applications are May 1st.
If you are attending a university other than the University of Manitoba, apply directly to the FRNM for awards. The deadline is May 1st.
Your application must include:
- A completed General Application form with the application fee
- A completed Financial Needs Assessment form
- A letter/personal essay as outlined in the graduate award policy
- A copy of the letter of acceptance into the program. Please note that FRNM no longer tracks this information over time and you must submit this with each application.
- Current curriculum vitae
- Official copy of your most recent academic transcript. Photocopies or web transcripts are not official and not accepted.
- Three letters of reference as outlined in the policy. Please note that the reference form is for use of undergraduate and certificate students only. This form may be used as a guideline, however a letter is required. It is recommended that you submit the letters in sealed signed envelopes with the application.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Should a referee wish to submit a letter of reference electronically, email the signed letter to email@example.com. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure the reference has been received. Application fees are non-refundable. The decisions of the awards committee are final; there is no appeal process.
Questions? Check the FAQ page.
Foundation for Registered Nurses of Manitoba Inc. 2014
23-845 Dakota St, Suite 321, Winnipeg, MB R2M 5M3